· We hold to orthodox Christian creeds, based on the bible as the inspired Word of God and the Lord Jesus Christ’s atoning death and glorious resurrection as the only means of eternal salvation.
· We believe in the ascension gifts given to equip God’s people for supernatural ministry (Eph 4: 11-16). Heartbeat enables and resources others to take the love of God into their various spheres of influence, using the gifts of the Holy Spirit with wisdom, in the market place and beyond.
· We believe that the bible teaches that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is for all who are born again (Acts 1:5; 8:16-17, 19:5-6) and that God wants us to grow in these supernatural gifts for mission and building up the Church (Acts 1:8, 1Cor 14:31. See Resources for the biblical teaching on this subject).
· We also believe in teaching that growing in the fruit of the Spirit is as important as developing the gifts of the Spirit and that the gifts should be expressed out of Godly character (Gal 5:22, 23).
· We believe that most Christians have an inner motivation from the Holy Spirit to grow in gifting and supernatural ministry. This is in line with the biblical commands to eagerly desire spiritual gifts especially prophecy, (see 1 Cor 12:31; 1 Cor 14:1, 39).
It also conforms to the statement of our Lord Jesus that, “he who believes in me will also do the works that I do (John 14:12).
· The prophetic is not peripheral, but central as God speaks in every area of our lives. Many disqualify themselves but scripture teaches ‘You can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all be encouraged” (1 Cor 14:31).
· New Covenant Prophecy: We refer you to the Prophetic Theology for a brief sample of New Testament teaching on the practice of prophecy for today, operating in New Covenant love and grace, so that the recipients are free to weigh, accept or reject what is spoken. In this way the gifts are practiced with safety and accountability, emphasising that we are to test everything and prophecy is partial and conditional (1 Cor 13:9; 1 Thess 5:20-21).
· Intercessory prayer is high on our agenda and our team of intercessors is highly valued. We believe it is God’s intention that we should all live in his health in every area of our lives and prayer is always available in an atmosphere of healing love at our regular monthly meeting.
· We believe life should be lived as a continuous act of worship. At Heartbeat we focus on Jesus and as we worship and testify to him, the Spirit of prophecy is released (Rev 19:10).